Global Insurance Network
What To Do In Case Of A Claim
To make sure your claim is not denied for lack of documentation, improper handling, or time barred; you must follow certain steps.
The following documents are necessary in order to file a claim.
- Copy of the ocean bill of lading or airway bill. If the claim is for general average or a total loss of the shipment, we must have the original bill of lading or airway bill.
- Complete copies of all the commercial invoices for the entire shipment. Make sure copies are legible.
- Copies of the Delivery receipts. If the shipment arrived damaged, make sure your client does not sign a clean receipt.
Your client must note exceptions on the delivery receipt. Failing to do so could result in slowing down the settling process or even denial of the claim
- A claim statement. The claim statement is a letter from your client explaining exactly what happened, when it happened, how much they are claiming and a list of what is missing, damaged etc.
- Claim against carrier must be filed immediately upon notice of claim. This is a letter to the carrier holding them responsible for the loss, damage, theft, etc.
Failure to file written notice with carrier can result in denial of the claim. Attached please find a sample Claim Against Carrier letter for your ready reference.
- If this is an import claim, copies of the consumption entry must be provided.
- Packing list. If no packing list exists, then state so in your letter when submitting your documents.
- Survey report. Settling agents around the world for your insurance company may be listed on the back of the original certificate of insurance.
Your client must contact the appropriate company listed on the back of the certificate.
If no company is listed, or there is no listing for a particular area, please call our office and we will provide you with the name and telephone number of the local surveyor.
Failure to have a survey report completed will result in denial of the claim.
Global Skype Connection
Global Insurance Network, 8350 NW 52nd Terrace, Suite 418, Doral, FL 33166
Phone: (305) 599-0900 Fax: (305) 599-1114
"At Global Insurance Network, Customer Service is not a department... it's an attitude."
Global Insurance Network has been Serving South Florida's International Trade Community for
Years - and counting!
Unlike the new agencies entering the market in this area, Global is proud that we’ve been a South Florida-based insurance agency for twenty-five years.
Global knows that where your business is concerned, it is best to “Think Locally – Act Globally!”
Specializing with the Logistics Industry and International Trade businesses